Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jared's bunny love

When I was younger my sister and I were involved in 4-H. We were mainly into rabbits and were really good we both were the top breeders in the state for our breed.

I did Dutch
Tori did Mini Lops

As most kids do when we became seniors in high school we started to get rid of our rabbits we sold them so we could save for college. Our mom stayed in rabbits and got her own breed when we left. When Aurora showed interest in the rabbits she got her a breed that is small enough for her to handle

Aurora's Polish

My mom had wanted to try and create a new breed so she had bought some mini rex to cross with holland lops. (I know, unless you have rabbits that doesn't mean much) When she started to breed the mini rex I decided I wanted to do rabbits again so I got a bunny. Then Jared decided he wanted a bunny too so him and I now own most of the mini rex in the barn.

Mini Rex but the wrong color we have black and blue

Jared and Parker got to go to thier first show on the 19th and Jared did so good! He even learned how to be a scribe (scribe: someone writing down what the rabbit judge says on a comment card) It is not easy and he did an amazing job his first time! I was so proud of him.

First time being a scribe

Listen then write

Then give the exibitor their copy of the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment